Urban-E is built around the special aluminium frame with easy-folding locking system created by the designers of the Ducati Style Center in collaboration with colleagues from Italdesign’s Industrial Design division. The handlebar has a fully integrated LCD display in the steam to allow riders to control all the assistance functions, to check the remaining battery charge and to turn the LED lights integrated into the frame on and off. Designers and developers have worked together to create an e-bike with a clean and linear style. The 378 Wh battery integrated into the frame is an element of style, recalling Ducati’s motorbike fuel tanks thanks to the characteristic red color and curved shape. The LED lights also integrated into the frame, the suspension fork, the fat 20″ x 4″ tires with Kevlar anti-puncture technology mounted on double shoulder aluminium rims and the rear fender, in addition to accentuating the racing style, ensure maximum riding comfort, even on the most irregular surfaces.
The foldable frame is made of lightweight aluminum and the battery is fully integrated into the frame. It comes out from a custom development project of the Ducati style center and Italdesign. The LED lights and the display integrated into the frame represent a unique design element.
The e-bike is equipped with a 250W brushless 8FUN rear motor. This type of engine requires minimal maintenance and has a very low level of wear. It holds up extremely well different speed levels and it is very quiet and excellent even on wet or slippery roads as there is no risk of wheel slipping. This engine is ideal for urban use.
The LG battery has a capacity of 10.5Ah and 378Wh at 36V and is totally integrated into the frame. When fully charged it guarantees an autonomy up to 70 km. The value varies according to the driver’s weight, road conditions, outside temperature, etc. It is possible to monitor the battery level from the display with a quick glance.
The 20’’ front and rear slim wheels, brand Schwalbe, have Kevlar anti-puncture technology. The double shoulder rims are made of aluminum and the rear fender gives the e-bike a racing look.
- Aluminum, custom model, deluxe handle with easy-folding technology
- Brand 8FUN 36V, 250W, rear motor
- SAMSUNG 36V, 10.5ah, integrated into the vertical extension frame
- 20“ X 2.125”, SCHWALBE brand, mad mike model, kevlar anti-puncture technology, double shoulder aluminum rims.
- Front and rear hydraulic disc, TEKTRO brand, HD-T285 model
- SHIMANO TOURNEY 7-Speed
- Fully integrated, LCD KING-METER brand, JUST TWO model, IP67 waterproof, assistance levels, ON/OFF lights, odometer with related functions
- aluminum, foldable and height-adjustable with aluminum column and integrated rear lights
- VELO brand, FLOAT model
- Suspension front fork, SUNTOUR brand, XCT-JR 20 model
- From 40 up to 70 km, this figure depends on: level of assistance used, driver’s weight, muscle power, tire pressure, road slope, number of stops and starts
- Max weight supp.